Doctors were left baffled about Janese Walters' eye condition, the Huffington Post reports, until she told them that she owned a cat, at which point they deduced she had cat scratch disease.
"I woke up one day and I couldn't see out of my left eye," Walter told WPXI TV. "I looked in the mirror and I thought I had pink eye or something."
The infection is prevalent in 40 percent of felines. It is caused by bacteria passed along through their saliva or fur.
Doctors say it's important for cat owners to wash their hands after contact with their pets.
Read the full story: